http://weburbanist.com/2009/07/22/the-revealing-art-of-self-portraits/
Follow the link above, and read about some of the original self-portrait artists. Choose one from the list and write 5-7 sentences about how your self-portraits relate or do not relate to the artist of you choice. Make sure you tell us who you are comparing to.
This is the only blog assignment for the week. This should be written as a comment!
The self portrait artist I am talking about is Vincent Willem van Gogh. This artist has amazing skills for using his lighting in many different ways. He can easily infuse the yellow ambiance colors. This is one of his remarkable traits that makes him such a good artist. I do not compare to this artist as my photography does.
ReplyDeleteThe poet that i am portraying is like andrew warhol. Playing dumb is what he does best. Showing the real chareacter of him is what he does the least. the way that he portrays himself is the way his photos show. my project is showing the illusions of mirrors and his show the illusion of emotions.
ReplyDeleteThe artist i am comparing to is Adolf Hitler. Hitler expressed how he felt compared to the world in his early life, when he felt he was alone because his father wouldnt let him become a professional artist and no one really accepted him for himself. I dont relate to his style, i am showing how i react in different environments in my studio life and i am portraying my sister outside of the studio. He uses simplicity in his drawing by not showing the tiniest details and focusing on the major parts of the painting more. He draws just himself and a bridge made of stones, no major details to express his loneliness before he becomes the leader of Germany.
ReplyDeleteMy work is like Andy Warhol’s in the sense that some of my photos are portraying what people think of me on the surface. But my work differs from Andy Warhol’s by the fact that one of my main goals for my project is to express things that I love or do that people may not know about me. I am attempting to express a different thing that I love in each photograph of the project.
ReplyDeleteThe artist I chose is Albrecht Dürer. The way this person relates to my project is because her face seems to reflect what she is feeling. But, also, even if she isn't upset, her face seems to be upset, which is probably the goal she is trying to recieve. The part that makes it unrelated to my project is that I am using words but she is just using expression explain the picture. I use words to describe what I am trying to portray then my face or action would imitate what my hand/arm is saying.
ReplyDeleteI like Andy Warhol's work because there are so many different facial expressions in that first picture and I tried to show as many different facial expressions as I could. The ability to show different facial expressions a true form of art and the fact that Andy shows a variety in his art work make me admire his work. Every picture that I took I was trying to express all the different emotions that I feel on a daily bases. I hope that others can relate to my work just like I can relate to Andy's. I think it would be really cool for someone in a different art department to look at my work and be inspired to base their work off of it!
ReplyDeletethe person that i chose to write about is andy warhol, but not out of any sense of similarity between his work and mine. i noticed in the picture representative of his work that not all of the puzzle peices were there. i beleive that this was because he was trying to portray that a person can try to disguise themselves or hide from who they are but their nature is still there and no amount of "camoflage" could hide it.
ReplyDeleteI am comparing my self portraits to frida Kahlo and I think my self portrait are much different than hers because hers are more focused on pain. Mine are mostly focused on happy and hyper. One thing that is similar though is that she uses bright colors an I try to also. Also I mostly do self portrait of my entire body while she mostly does waist up.
ReplyDeleteI chose Claude Oscar Monet. I think he is similar to my style because his self portraits are just him in his natural environment wearing his everyday cloths. My pictures are also similar to Monet's because we both have a no nonsense aspect to our portraits.
ReplyDeleteThe person I picked was adolf hitler. I feel that his work is very creative and has a good idea to it. However my work is different because i do not hide anything in my emotions. I fell like If he was not the man he turned out to be, he could have been a very creative artist.I feel like if there was ever a comparision project i would do adolf hitler because it cool how in his one painting he does not have a nose or mouth.
ReplyDeleteI chose Toulouse Lautrec. I believe that his focus on other parts of the scene other than the person specifically helps express the true life of the artist. Instead of just posing, I am using the scenery around me to help talk about my life. I like how he uses the items in front of him as the main focus on the person rather than the person himself. This is what I hope to accomplish in my project.
ReplyDeleteI believe my work is most like Andy Warhol. I did a project on him in third grade when I had to write a three page essay research paper on his work. This forced me to look at his work, which throughout the process I started to thoroughly enjoy. Andy Warhol seems to have been my biggest influence in photography. Somehow I always incorporate some style of his work without even realizing it.
ReplyDeleteI am relating my self-portrait to the works of the photographer Andy Warhol. I think that my self-portrait relates to his because for one we both do not show our whole body. I think that the both of us were trying to stick the point that we were trying to portray. I think that Warhol has a deeper meaning in his photos and he is definitely very inspiring.
ReplyDeleteThe person i picked is Toulouse Lautrec, i really liked the picture shown because it shows just a basic facial features and other items in the foreground but doesn't show the exact detail of the items. The person in the picture has a long story behind it that isn't shown and can't be seen in the picture which i really like. As for the relation to my project, what i showed was how i am seen from other people, but in reality there is a bigger and better story not shown by what i wear or what i'm holding. The thing i think is the best about this artist is that he wasn't afraid of his disability and instead made it more mysterious in his self portraits.
ReplyDeleteThe artist i am choosing to do was Toulouse Lautrec. Toulouse Lautrec was a very emotional artist. In his paintings he expressed the feelings of the people he painted. He was also very dreative. In one of his pictures he painted a man looking at a mirror. His pictures are very detailed with his brush stoaks being very specific to detail.
ReplyDelete